Laundry can be one of those tasks that seem to never end. It can also be quiet costly when you think about how many loads of washing you do, followed by how many times the tumble dryer goes on.
With this in mind, we have put together some steps you can bear in mind so you can achieve a more eco-friendly washing routine.
Only Wash When You Need To
- Not only is it bad for the environment when you are constantly using your washing machine, but it can also cause your clothes to wear out quicker.
Wash At Lower Temperatures
- By switching to a 30℃ or 40℃ wash you can reduce your energy bill by a considerable amount. Washing garments at a lower temperature also helps extend their longevity, so you can enjoy your favorite outfit for longer.
Use Eco-Friendly Detergents
- An eco-friendly detergent can help anyone out who suffers from allergies or has sensitive skin. Eco-friendly washing powders are usually fragrance-free and non-biological.
Use A Washing Bag
- Synthetic fabrics are more likely to release microfibres during a wash. These microfibres can end up down the drain or in the waterways. When in water, microfibres act like sponges soaking up whatever they are in. Using a washing bag stops microfibre pollution and can also prolong the life of your clothes.
Use Opium Dry Cleaners To Help
- Sometimes the best option is to use your local dry cleaners. Opium Dry Cleaners care about the environment and so use modern solvents which are less toxic towards the environment.