Any stain can be stubborn and difficult to remove, even when they are small in size. You can attempt many times to remove the stain but it simply will not disappear, so, what do you do?
For a home remedy, you can try the following steps in order to remove gel ink stains:
- Do not wash before you try and remove the stain
- Purchase a store-bought ink removal treatment
- Apply the ink treatment and leave for 15-30 minutes
- With a towel, blot the stain – using a white towel will allow you to see how much of the stain is coming up
- Do not rub the stain as this only makes it worse – you increase the risk of the ink spreading or pulling the colour from your fabric
- Now it’s time to wash your ink-stained garment
- Before drying, see if the stain has been lifted. If not you can repeat the steps above
Sometimes trying to remove stains at home just doesn’t work out. That’s why Opium Dry Cleaners are here so you don’t have to worry! We offer a click and collect service just to make it even easier for you to organise your washing routine.
You chose when and where we collect it from and also where we then return it to. We also have an app so you can book a delivery whilst you are out and about and have it delivered to your home for when it’s convenient.